Saturday, November 7, 2009

Faces of China

I know this is like a month late but that's the story of my life. We are so glad that everything regarding Shad's trip to China in May is over with! The week leading up to his exhibit was such a stressful week for all of us. Shad was eating meals at school and he practically lived in the print lab/dark room. Cru and I made many visits that week just so we could catch a glimpse of him (and bring him food). Towards the end of the week I was asking people to watch Cru so I could help Shad (thanks Chels and Joy). In the end it was amazing. I have never been so proud of my husband. He is so talented and I love the pictures he took while in China. I also thought that Lucy, Reed and Jessica did a fabulous job. Thanks to everyone who went to the exhibit to support the photographer's and especially Shad. It was amazing to see our friends and family making the exhibit a family home evening activity, a friday night date, a stop on their way to the oh-so-important football game! thank you to all!



Picture of the group in China. left to right: Valerie Telford, Lucy Call Millward, Reed Rowe, Shad Hopkins, Jessica Bingham Kehl, John Wong (photographer: John Telford)

Students that went to China: Jessica, Lucy, Reed, Shad


James, Shad and Cru (Lucy and James are married)


Shad, Cru and I in front of Shad's pictures. Notice how Cru is NOT looking at the camera. He is instead pointing at the picture of the pig behind him that now hangs on his bedroom wall. He loves that pig.


Shad Cru and Joy (shad's sister)

Hopefully in the near future Shad will put his China pictures up on his website. Until then, you get to look at them through my camera! :) enjoy. We would love to hear comments on pictures you like from the exhibit.







P.S. I know this is going to make my mom DIE but it was really cute listening to him giggle while he slid down the stairs. This is pretty much all Cru wanted to do while we were at the exhibit reception.

5 comments:

Hallie Owens said...

I loved how you videotaped him doing something others would find so dangerous! I can't wait until the boys can play together. Landon will just love him to pieces. Wait a minute I can't wait to play with him because I love him to pieces. Thanks for posting pics of the exhibit. I can't wait to see more!

Tarmy said...

Is the exhibit over? I'd love to see them in person if it's not...

carly said...

yup. it's over. sorry, it was October 2-14th up on campus.

Leah said...

Carly, Your little Cru is so cute! I love his zebra costume :) If my kids weren't sick we could have a play date. Drew has a cold and tonight he's all croup-y. It's going to be a long night :) We'll get together someday. Take care :)

Jesse Bingham said...

Haha--so cute! I used to love doing that when I was little, too. I can't believe how big he is!