Thursday, October 13, 2011

Life goes on!

I know I like to blame "time" for the lack of blog posts...but another factor might be that we don't have a camera! And most of you are probably thinking, she's married to a photographer! But have you ever held his carera? More importantly have you ever tried to hold his camera bag! Its about 50lb's and he doesn't just take the camera, the whole bag comes with it. So we don't use it often for family stuff. And I feel like camera phone pictures aren't much fun...but I'm going to post some anyway!

A little update on our family - Shad has been working / going to school to become a fireman. It's a competitve race down here but we're in it! He worked on a fire a few months ago with the Forest Service up in San Luis Obispo area. It was a learning experience for me and Cru to have him gone for so long. He also got a full time job working for ELITE Ambulence in Los Angeles as an EMT. We're hoping after some experience he can go to paramedic school. As for me, I'm still working full time at Home Care Pharmacy in Simi Valley. Cru will be turning 3 on October 28th. He has started a little pre school thing at home with some friends and he loves it. He goes to day care every tuesday and the Hopkins house on thursdays and fridays. He's a typical 3 year old boy with too much energy, hilarious things to say, funny facial expressions, a kind heart, lots of cuddles, and the cutest face ever! Now...today's events:

Cru and I went with a group (Joy school type group - the Learning Box) to the Underwood Family Farms in Moorpark. We love that place all the time but especially in October during Fall Harvest. They have so many fun activities, hay rides, pony rides, animals, pumpkins, corn maze, etc. It was only 102 degree's today but we still had fun! I was exhausted but Cru could have kept running around in that heat all day long if I let him. Enjoy the pictures. Some day there will be more...but don't count on it.




(That's right. My child dressed himself today "moonboots" (as we call them...others call them snow boots) and all. 80's style sunglasses. He was too much!)

4 comments:

Jess said...

Wow, what a cutie! I can't believe he's almost 3 !!!! That's amazing. That place looks like a lot of fun. Glad to still be on the west coast! Hey, let us know if you're up in the Sacramento Area- we'd love to see you guys!

Katie Fish said...

You are alive! :) And I laughed when I saw Cru in his sunglasses. So Cru. That farm looks like fun! I didn't know it existed!

Riley and Breanne said...

He is getting so biG! We really can't wait till we get to come for Thanksgiving :) :)

Emily said...

It's so awesome to see an update. Cru is so stinking cute!! Glad to hear things are going well for you guys. Maybe one day I'll update or blog (but don't count on it). We may be heading back down to BYU in the Fall. Do you guys want to move back into Wymount with us? It wouldn't be the same without you!